I’m the type of person who always forgets something and it’s usually like a hairbrush or toothbrush. This isn’t so much of a what to pack type of post but things that you should do before you leave on a trip. Let me know in the comments below what you do before leaving your home for a couple days.
When planning a trip I feel that there are certain things that you should ALWAYS do beforehand, ensuring you have the best trip possible and don’t waste any time while you’re exploring a new city or country.
Things To Do Before Vacation
- Research your Destination – This is a very important step as the worse thing is coming home from your trip and finding out there was this amazing venue or spot to see and you totally missed out!
- Make a List – Create a list in your phone or planner of everything you need to bring. This will make sure you don’t forget anything. Not sure about you guys but I’m known for forgetting hairbrushes or toothbrushes.
- Purchase Comfortable Shoes – When walking around all day in a new place it’s important to wear some decent footwear. As much as I love a good pair of heels they are just not practical for tourist time!
- Check Your Fridge – Browse your fridge before heading out on a trip to throw out anything that could go bad before you get home. Also, make sure you take out your garbage and get a neighbor to bring it out on garbage day!
- Check Your Appliances – Go around your house and make sure that everything is turned off or unplugged.