The colder weather has arrived which means I am going to become even more of a hermit that I usually am. When the temperature drops, I really enjoy staying in on the weekends, especially after a busy work week. While this usually means finding a new Netflix show to binge, I’ve made a promise to myself to read more! Not to mention when reading a book it’s completely acceptable to sit in your pyjamas and lay in bed. It also helps that if I’m in bed, Scotch is 99.9% going to be there as well and puppy cuddles are the best!
I think the reason that I don’t read as much as I use to is that I don’t enjoy the search for a new book. If a book is recommended to me or given as a gift, I’m way more likely to read it. I recently discovered Goodreads on Kindle, like actually just discovered this. While setting up my new Kindle Paperwhite, it prompted me to sign up. It helps you see what your friends are reading and find new books you’ll love with the world’s largest network of readers and recommendations. I’d say that’s pretty much exactly what I need.
Quick Facts about the Kindle Paperwhite:
- Higher resolution display (300 ppi) – with twice as many pixels
- Now with Bookerly (exclusive font), for faster reading with less eyestrain
- Built-in adjustable light-read day and night
- Unlike tablets, no screen glare, even in bright sunlight
- A single battery charge lasts weeks, not hours
- Massive selection, lowest prices–over a million titles CDN$ 4.99 or less
- Lighter than a paperback, holds thousands of book
- Read all you want with Kindle Unlimited–choose from over 800,000 titles on any device for just CDN$ 9.99 a month
If you’re following me on Instagram, you’ll know that I was talking about how I had NEVER used a Kindle before and was a little unsure about it. I feel like I’m old school and still like the look of books. However, after using the Kindle Paperwhite for a few days I totally get why everyone is obsessed. It’s SUPER lightweight and eliminates the bulkiness of books. As nice as it is to have an actual book around, it’s very rare that I ever go back to it so it ends up collecting dust. Whereas the Kindle allows me to easily bring my favourite reads anywhere – the beach, work, appointments, etc.
So excuse me, while I go find some new books to read! Also, leave me your favourites in the comments below for a chance to win a $100 Amazon Gift Card!
Best Books for Dog Lovers
- The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
- A Dog’s Purpose: A Novel for Humans by W. Bruce Cameron
- Fifteen Dogs by Andre Alexis
- My Dog Skip by Willie Morris
- Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls
- Marley & Me: Life and Love with the World’s Worst Dog by John Grogan
Win a $100 Amazon Gift Card
To win a $100 Amazon Gift Card all you have to do is comment below with the name of your all-time favourite book! Good Luck!