If you remember my first post talking about home designs you’ll know that I’m currently working on updating a few rooms in my house. The first room to tackle is the living room and to create a cute home bar! I wanted to start re-decorating this room first as it’s the main room in the house. We are currently using an Ikea bookshelf as a bar but feel like it could use a facelift.
This is why today I’m sharing my 3 steps that I’m taking to re-vamp my home bar. Stay tuned to my Instagram for stories on the progress and I’ll be sure to post a before and after post on the blog!
How to Create a Home Bar in 3 Steps
1. The Bar
The first step is finding the perfect bar. There are two ways you can go with this – DIY or purchase. Although I love a good DIY I’m not the most crafty when it comes to larger projects. I’m also thinking about creating a bar that can be mounted to the wall. However, the rustic theme is huge now which has me leaning towards one of the bars below. The 1st one is currently in the lead!
- 3 Tiered Wood Bar. As mentioned this is so far on the top of my list. I love the rustic yet simple look of it.
- I love this bar because it offers different sections such as a towel rack, wine rack and place for glasses.
- GOLD. How can you not love a gold home bar? I’m not sure if Adam would approve of this one but I do LOVE it
2. Home Bar Accessories
Next is accessories. You can’t have a bar without cute glassware or straws.
- First are cups. These colourful wine cups below are silicone making them perfect for backyard parties, picnics or for travel.
- Straws! Don’t tell me you don’t love a good cocktail with a cute straw. These Flamingo and Pineapple straws are just too cute!
- Keeping with the straws you’ll need a straw holder. I’ve had mine for a few years now and I still LOVE it! It gives such a vintage look to the bar.
- More Pineapples! This Gold Pineapple bottle opener is not only functional but acts as a cute decor piece as well. It’s also UNDER $5!
- Why not just create a full pineapple themed bar and get these Pineapple Ice Cube Trays as well that are under $10.
3. Home Bar Decor
Last by not least is decor for your bar. This includes a fun sign or maybe a mirror.
- I know they are old news now but one thing that I’m looking forward to adding to my bar is a LED Lightbox sign. I think they are so cute and you can create any message you want on them!
- A personalized home bar sign is another great idea! These would also make a cute house warming gift. I also can’t believe that it’s under $25.
- Going for the vintage look? This rustic bar sign would be perfect to hang over the bar and it’s under $60.
- Want more of a classic look? These LED Bar Lights could either be hung over the bar or sit on top. They’re under $40.