Getting a good night’s sleep is probably one of the most important things you can do for yourself, especially if you work a 9-5 job like me and you HAVE to get up in the morning, even on the days you don’t want to.
But, the worst thing of all is when you lay your head down and your mind just starts running and no matter what you do, you just can’t fall asleep.
How to Get a Good Nights Sleep
- Put Away Your Electronics an hour before you want to go to bed. Yes, this means your phone, laptop, everything! I won’t lie and say I’m good at doing this but it certainly helps as you will focus more on relaxing than checking Instagram every two seconds.
- Try Essential Oils. I’ve talked about these before on my blog and am still a strong believer in them. A lavender one would work best.
- Don’t Watch TV in Bed. This kind of goes with the no electronic before bed rule but it has been proven that watching TV while laying in bed will actually keep you up longer. Once again, I am guilty of this but hey, sometimes I just wanna watch some Drop Dead Diva while being cozy!
- Don’t Eat Before Bed. It has been proven that eating a BIG meal right before going to bed can cause stomach aches and a restless sleep. If you’re hungry right before bed, opt for something light.
5. Put Clean Sheets on Your Bed. I find putting some clean and cozy sheets on my bed, helps me having a better rest. I recently tried out sheets from bedface (how awesome is that name) and loved them. They offer a WIDE variety of different color combinations, which can also brighten up your room making it a more welcoming place. I could spend all day in my bed if I could.
As bedface likes to say “the best damn sheets in Canada” and I think they’re right! As mentioned before, their colour combination of sheets, covers, fitted sheets, etc. is what hooked me in. Just take a look at the selection of duvet cover colours they have….how can you pick just one? I would like the White, Lavander, Mint, Feather Grey and a Pink please! 😉
Their sheets are made with facetech™ cotton, and it a little thicker than what you are probably used to. The bigger threads woven in a looser weave allow the material to breath better so you are not hot and cold during the night. You know what I’m talking about, where you stick your one leg out of the sheets to cool down. Read more about bedface’s fabric here.
As you can see Scotchy sure enjoyed these sheets! Also, thanks for the popcorn bedface! It’s like you read my mind!
Disclaimer: bedface sent me sheets for review. All opinions are my own.