We all know DIYs are a great way to save money on clothes but have you ever tried a DIY with items that are probably sitting on your kitchen counter right now? Sunkist has a BUNCH of really fun DIYs that are great for your skin and body. I have shared a few of my favourites below.
DIY Sunkist Detox Juice
What you need:
- 2 Sunkist® Navel oranges
- 1/2 cup (about 10-12) green grapes
- 1 cup cubed watermelon
- 3 sprigs fresh mint
Chill ingredients before juicing and peel the oranges and cut into large chunks. Juice the ingredients in a centrifugal juicer.
Tip: Did you know that one Navel orange provides all the vitamin C an average person needs each day? The Sunkist Detox Juice is the perfect beverage to uplift a dreary winter day.
DIY Navel Orange Body Scrub
What you need:
- 1 cup of raw sugar
- 1⁄4 cup of organic honey
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh squeezed Sunkist® Navel orange juice
- Finish with an orange scented lotion
- The first step is to choose the sugar you think best suits your skin type. Raw sugar is best for all skin types but especially for more sensitive skin. If your skin is very dry and can handle a more aggressive scrub you can substitute demerara sugar.
- Simply mix 1 cup of sugar, 1⁄4 cup of organic honey and 1⁄4 cup of fresh squeezed Navel orange juice. You’ll notice that the orange juice will melt a bit of the sugar. That’s perfectly normal and you will still have plenty of scrub to exfoliate with.
- To complete your at-home body exfoliation, use a dry brush or loofah. Stand in the shower and exfoliate with the dry brush or loofah before turning the water on. Once you’ve completed this, start running the shower. You’ll want it to be as warm as you can handle to help open your pores. Stand away from the water and scrub your body with the mixture. Rub each area that you would like to exfoliate for approximately 30 seconds in a circular motion. Once complete, rinse it off in the shower. Be sure to stand in the shower for a few extra minutes. Any remains of the mixture will simply wash away.
- Step out of the shower. Dry yourself completely and moisture with a heavy cream. Your skin will be left feeling silky smooth.
Tip: Leave the winter doldrums outside and get uplifted with the Navel Orange Body Scrub. Orange oil contains a key soothing ingredient, linalool, which helps relieve tension and stress, and creates a peaceful calm atmosphere.