• Two pieces of cozy fabric (about 2 yards each)
• Matching thread
• Sewing machine
• Needle and thread for finishing the piece
Note: I used my sewing machine for most of this project. However, this DIY could be done by hand; just make sure the stitches are close together to ensure the scarf holds together over time.
1. Start by cutting a piece that is about 60 inches long and about 25 inches wide. (You can use two different fabrics if you’d like, but then each piece will be about 12.5 inches long)
2. Fold the fabric in half, with the right sides facing in. Sew along the long open edge, leaving you will a long tube with two open ends.
4. Now pull the whole scarf through one end, turning it inside out so that the scarf is half as long and the two openings meet.
5. Make sure the two seams are matched up and sew around the outside edges, leaving about 1-2 inches not sewn.
6. Turn the scarf right side out again, carefully through the 1-2 inch opening.
7. Hand sew the last few inches and you are finished!